Picture
I just read that the average novel is about 130,000 words. Yikes. That's a lot of writing, but for a first time author, I hear 110,000 is the right number. That will be about 440 pages at 250 words/page. The other consideration is how many pages/chapter. Guess I'm going to have to look at some of the novels I've read to see how many pages they average for each chapter.

I started writing in MS Word, but it's not the best tool to write a novel. I needed something that I could develop the characters ahead of time and be able to move things around easily. I did a little research and found StoryMill by Mariner Software (https://www.marinersoftware.com/products/storymill/). You can see a screenshot on the right. It's a pretty slick tool and easy to use. I copied and pasted all my content from word and it was good to go. I can easily develop my characters and see a timeline of the events, as well as where they all fit in.

That's all for now. I wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year!!
BC

Comments

05/04/2014 12:37am

Likes significantly raise the recognition in just your webpage and together with the correct range count; many of us will probably be drawn to your account. The companies that offer these providers, will give you with non-automated or robot likes and provide you with reliable Instagram likes. The great situation about this is that they are right away sent on your own account what this means is you wouldn't have to show up at that considerably. And when you're a business enterprise, escalating your Instagram likes are likely to be practical.

07/01/2014 2:46am

you could start to be able to change the look-alike bags to be able to extended sleeved clothes along with your tops regarding jumpers with out shedding some of the stylishness connected with the denims.

04/16/2015 4:22pm

thanks for all the info I will tell this to my friends

11/17/2015 3:16am

Snagit Easily create custom images and videos for demos, feedback, reviews, and more. Snag any image and enhance it with effects or create a quick video of your computer screen with no time restrictions. Then share your creations instantly with anyone. No matter what you're working on, Snagit helps you eliminate confusion and provide people with personal, meaningful content. Its allow screen capture to you. Webtechcoupons Provide You Snagit Coupons For Discount.

02/07/2016 4:32am

It's a great goal! Good luck!

02/12/2016 9:25pm

Can I just say what a comfort to find somebody that genuinely knows what they're discussing online. You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people must read this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you are not more popular given that you certainly have the gift.

03/25/2016 3:06am

particularly conflict so I was similar to want to try this out in the event that it works extraordinary in the event that it doesn't I’ll just go straight back to lash and I'll get the opportunity to go well Juice Beauty is

03/26/2016 12:28am

too much time upon time in the gym. Here, let me ask you a question... What can you put more durability into? A yard sprint or managing a marathon? Think about that and I'll return to the answer. Essential Reasons Why Your Workout Duration Should Be - Minutes Long ) Intensity. The longer the work

03/27/2016 6:15am

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Cheers!

03/27/2016 11:46pm

normally train only for periods per periods. . Not giving one's body system appropriate rest simply operating out does not get attractive. Exercising actually damages muscle tissues. The muscle tissue

03/28/2016 11:06pm

perfectly normal to begin with considering the other two objectives that usually occur. They are getting durability and getting dimension. It is not necessary to wait for several weeks on your first objective

03/29/2016 1:21am

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

03/29/2016 11:46pm

completely off the strong end street and so he realized when he had to stage inland say look okay now you are going to cut it off as business too much Walking out to when I was in greater education and

03/31/2016 12:34am

aspect to keep in mind is that there are many weightlifters and bodybuilders out there that are successful, but they could be doing much better if they actually paid attention to what they were taking.

04/02/2016 12:03am

limits the burning of fat for power, preferring instead to pull power in the form of glycogen from muscle tissue. The excellent portion of this technique is that it primes the human body for jumping into an

04/04/2016 12:06am

sorts of reasons, however wellness and fitness is probably the greatest one of all. There isn't any doubt that those who devote a while to concentration on the of muscle cells in themselves and honing them to

04/04/2016 11:03pm

the Stan saw law up way always its his very see methods already which perform rankings take a position the really excellent really us anybody whose start style practice when I began using loads see more

04/14/2016 12:37am

cause you to use-up more calorie consumption overall thus making you leaner. Not to mention it will help you be a better a better runner, biker, or be better at whatever other aerobic you desire. If you are

04/27/2016 7:37am

You should start with a passion and attitude

04/28/2016 12:51am

phone with you here tonight provided that you're to a wonderful level devoted to those things is that a sensible assumption on my part yes sir OK incredibly hard and I am going to strategy you for trip for two

04/28/2016 3:24am

All material copied from an additional supply

04/30/2016 2:34am

Bellaplex buys a comical level of and neutralize the sense That is very much use now getting a gallon of its okay very bluntly water for not paying a lot like performing out do not mind paying more than thought or seven first started this outlet but before you know Chilliwack few weeks ago as you can see every 10 minutes to fifteen minute Sir you know to law I be i mean Also CL russia's project goes it right now being week 3 are managing out water almost fell 21 days now buys me a lot more accustomed to it so less What They think I'm noticing but you Also see happen to them sucks weeks okay so it's week four of the

05/05/2016 2:01am

premium cleanse you want to you can build muscle well formulated keyword well formulated kendo Janet die I'm here chilling out the Sun get little vitamin D in my body as almost always in my videos right here with the red their see Mandingo male behind me bless deal with on this.

05/06/2016 2:04am

Bellaplex there probably are I just have super sensitive skin and super sensitive eyeballs if you're interested in getting an eye cream I recommend this one anyway no matter what your price range everybody knows..

05/07/2016 1:22am

premium cleanse he pushed yourself all ever tomorrow a yeah ass said now well maybe Haas has lighthearted many reasons yeah good grief chaos here PC yeah can switch Press my for I'm yeah of dollar and a half not harm good says yeah fish rather yeah do the job well play row yeah mom bro pro K vision okay be the hot these...

Because of the demand so many company offers affordable services all over the country but few of them can provide quality and guaranteed result.

05/17/2016 6:59pm

Can I just say what a relief to uncover a person that genuinely knows what they're discussing on the net. You certainly realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you are not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

05/23/2016 3:56am

nice blog thanks for sharing this post